“İşbank Banking” lies in the foundation of İşbank’s sustainability approach. İşbank Banking is a business model that focuses on “sharable and sustainable value creation” by handling financial and nonfinancial capital elements of the Bank together. İşbank targets to create value for all of its stakeholders with this strong business model, both in the short and the long run.
İşbank creates value through a mix of opportunities offered by its robust financial structure, competent human resources, strong relations with its stakeholders, corporate knowledge, brand value identified with trust and reputation, widespread physical and digital service network, and responsible products and services.
Basic Principles of Sustainability at İşbank
İşbank adopts the following principles regarding sustainability:
1. Takes into account the environmental and social impacts of the activities performed.
2. Commits to play an active role in transition to a low-carbon economy and responds to the demands of public on the axis of sustainability in new product development processes.
3. Aims to create a contemporary work environment, where human rights are respected and social justice and working rights are improved continuously, and by this means to increase the awareness and consciousness of its stakeholders.
4. Refuses all kinds of discrimination which violate the principle of equal opportunity, differentiate, exclude or select people on the basis of gender, religion, political opinion, race, cultural or social origin. It regards diversity in work force as one of the main components of its intellectual capital.
5. Respects the right to unionization and collective bargaining and plays a pioneering role in making the use of this right widespread.
6. Adopts an approach based on fair sharing of the values it creates and accumulates with its shareholders, clients, employees and other stakeholders.
7. Supports a just rewarding approach covering a collective working culture that is in harmony with its ethical values and strategic targets and taking into account the contribution of employees to its success.
8. Commits to train the qualified work force that is required for all management and specialist positions at different levels, on the basis of equal opportunity.
9. Regards its clients as the reason of its existence and always adopts a customer-focused business approach.
10. Never tolerates bribery and corruption and heavily penalizes these kinds of acts.
11. Organizes trainings with the aim of raising employee awareness on internalizing and managing sustainability.
12. Carries out supplier selection process in line with commercial practices in a fair, honest and unbiased manner. Performs purchasing and supplying transactions according to the Procurement Policy, taking into account the elements such as professionalism, product/service quality, durability, reliability and price.
13. Adopts medium and long term strategies considering the rights and benefits of clients as well as public interest.
14. Adopts continuous improvement and regular sharing of sustainability practices with its stakeholders as a principle.
15. Employees or those representing the Bank shall not, directly or indirectly, demand or accept gifts from clients in violation of the provisions of the Bank’s Gifts and Entertainment Policy or shall not perform acts that may be interpreted as such.