What is Maxinet (3D Secure)?
Developed by Visa and MasterCard, this system is an additional layer of security offered to your service for more secure online shopping. The application of the system developed for the Visa credit card usage is called "Verified by Visa", while application developed for MasterCard is called "SecureCode".
How does Maxinet work?
A new window will be opened when you click for payment button on a secure web site for online shopping. On this page, you will see a “Personal Assurance Message”, which is special information for you, along with your shopping information. At this moment, a one time SMS will be sent to your mobile phone number registered in our system. In this message, you will receive a pin to be used for confirmation and a transaction code. After checking that “Personal Assurance Message” belongs to you, and identifying yourself to the system with the pin, the transaction will be completed. The shopping transaction will not be completed until you enter the pin.
You have to enter your pin received via SMS within 3 minutes. Otherwise your pin become invalid. In case your pin became invalid, you will be able to ask for a second SMS from the screen. This SMS shall be valid for 5 minutes. 3 different SMSs can be demanded in a single shopping transaction. Your transaction shall not be completed in case of 3 incorrect pin entries.
If your mobile phone information is not registered in our system, you can update your mobile phone information
• via our Bankamatik devices using Update Information menu,
• via Internet Branch by using mobile key, I-key and mobile signature (in accordance with the Internet Branch transaction limitation code)
• via our Branches.
The shopping amounts spent with Maxinet are appeared in the statement in the same way as the other shopping made with your credit card.
Important Tips to Consider While Shopping Online
• Make sure that the web site you visited while using internet is a well known and secure web site. Please do not forget there are some fake (phishing) websites on the internet to access your credit card information.
• Do not give your credit card number and expire date to the web sites for asking only for information purposes.
• If you are ordering a product, make sure that the shipping and insurance information if available are clearly stated.
• Do not use your credit cards on the web sites which are giving exaggerated suggestions and explanations that can not be true.
• Make sure that the telephone and fax numbers and the mail address of the relevant company are clearly stated on the web sites where you purchase goods or you become a paid member of. If you have any doubts, you can call the telephone or fax numbers to check before giving any order.
• If you are asked to give your card pin while shopping online, never give your card pin.
• Use Maxinet for most secure shopping.
For Further Questions
You can contact to our Call Center for all information about your credit card.
You can make an objection regarding your credit card spending to the following address or fax number in 15 days at the latest in written by stating the merchant name, transaction date and amount.
Bireysel Kredi ve Kart Operasyonları Bölümü
Basın Ekspres Yolu Merkez Mah. No: 3 34303
Küçükçekmece / Istanbul
Fax: 0212 316 07 00, 316 07 01