Secure area has an enchaining structure, created together by the bank and the customer. One of the chains is bank, while the other is customer. Whatever precaution the bank takes by itself, customers also should do their part by using the bank’s extra security options as possible as they can and by keeping their computer systems under protection.
You should pay attention to:
- Follow information about Internet Branch utilization and security.
- Documents containing personal information (identity card, driving license, passport etc.) are highly important. Do not store these documents’ scanned images on your computer. Do not leave your identity documents’ photocopies where you think it is not safe. Pay maximum attention about information storage.
- Enter your web browser’s address bar www.isbank.com.tr and use the button to “Login to Internet Branch”.
- Add www.isbank.com.tr to your favorites and use this link for each time you login our website.
- Do not use links from e-mails, the other sites including the search engines.
- If you use Internet Explorer web browser on the Windows operating system, install Security Circle. Security Circle protects the fields that you enter your password and pin.
- You can acquire an i-key, if you would like to increase your security level during logging in to our Internet Branch.
- Remember to check your greeting message each time you login to our Internet Branch to ensure that you are on the original site. If you have not defined a greeting message, you will be required to define one when you enter our Internet Branch. You can change your greeting message in the Security menu on our Internet Branch.
- In suspicious cases, check “issued to: www.isbank.com.tr” clause on the certificate opened by double clicking on the padlock icon.
- Our bank does not ask you to send your password and personal information by e-mails, or entering this kind of information in the fields into the link sent by e-mails. In this case, please close your browser’s window without entering any of your information.
- Change your passwords and pins periodically. While creating your passwords or pins, do not use any predictable date combinations such as birthdays and anniversaries, consecutive numbers (123456), and repetition of the same numbers (11111).
- Use different password for each bank or website. Create your password not only including numbers but also combination of numbers and letters, such as (PUZZ1345). Do not save or write down your password and pin anywhere.
- Do not tell your passwords to someone else including our staff; do not share your personal information with third parties. Never write down or otherwise record your passwords or pins.
- Rearrange your security options according to your personal preferences. If you are not sure about your computer’s safety against virtual attacks, we suggest you to click “Operation Restriction” menu and select “I would like to make use all of your Instant Banking services. But I would like to realize money transfer only to the accounts that I will add through your branches or Instant Banking system.” If you think your computer is not safe enough, you can use virtual keyboard instead of your own keyboard.
- Scan your computer against viruses regularly with updated anti-virus software.
- Never think your computer ‘’would not be necessary’’ for hackers. By using some ‘’small scaled’’ software and having control on your computer, attackers can use your device for bigger attacks at any time. Use anti-spy software to protect yourself from several spy applications such as key-logger. Update and check your computer regularly.
- One of the most important ways to protect your computer against risks is to obtain a firewall. This program blocks malicious users. Basically it functions by blocking suspicious connections and permitting unsuspicious connections. In other words Firewall controls information and documents you receive from different sources, including e-mails and it blocks inappropriate or suspicious information entry.
- Always download security updates and patches released by Software Manufacturer of your operating system and web browser.
- Do not open e-mails from unknown senders. Under any circumstances, please be careful not to open any files with the extensions such as .ini and .exe, sent you by sources such as IRC and e-mail.
- Do not accept installation of any software from the internet without reading its contract carefully. Freeware generally includes little spy applications. After you download a software or file, scan it against viruses definitely before installation.
- To prevent money flow by fraud, check regularly your debit card or credit card statements in detail. Inform your bank about any expenses without your permission to even if it is a small amount. You can check your statements easily on our Internet Branch.
- Especially if you are using file sharing applications, keep your documents containing personal information closed to sharing and under protection.
- If you have a suspicious situation, call our Bank immediately at our telephone, 0 850 724 0 724 and inform our Bank about the situation. Our Bank will immediately take precautions for your personal safety and will have the necessary proceedings. Check your credit card and account flows from our Internet Branch in order to learn if there is a problem with your account.
- Avoid accessing your banking operation from a public/shared environment such as internet cafes.
- Almost all of the web browsers can store your profile information for users’ comfort. This structure called Auto-Complete, has risks for the user especially in cases where different users are using the same computer. Disable the auto complete function of the web browser, particularly in the areas such as schools and offices where multiple users are using the same computer.
- Use only well known companies’ licensed software on your computer. Do not prefer any software from an unknown company, even if the software is free of charge. Consider this kind of software as suspicious as it may contain spy applications such as key-logger, which may transmit your information.
- Always click on “Secure Log Out” button, after you complete your operations on our Internet Branch or from any website that you logged in by identity confirmation.
- If you call our Telephone Branch 0 850 724 0 724 from a fixed line and if the phone has a screen that shows numbers on it, pay attention to erase your last dialed call, 0 850 724 0 724 and information such as customer number, Customer/Commercial PIN, card number, card password etc. on the telephone’s screen.