chip&PIN is a new way of payment highly reducing credit card loss/steal /copy risks. By this method, the chip on the credit card reduces the risk of copy. On the other hand, the 4- digit-password (PIN) mostly blocks the risk of the use of the card by other people if it is lost or stolen, it.
With Chip&PIN method, a more secure season has started in shopping. If you would like to confirm your payments with all of your shopping, first you have to activate your pin.
If you activated the password of your chipped Maximum Card, you will be required to enter 4-digit-password in your payments, just like in Bankamatiks. Since the first pin, given by our Bank is temporary you should change your pin as soon as possible. You can use your new permanent pin of your credit card, defined by you, in shopping and cash operations. If you have changed your pin, it means you already have a permanent pin.
If you do not know your temporary password or you have not received your password, you can find out your pin by calling 0 850 724 0 724 of our Telephone Branch (by dialing 99, you can switch to English) or you can find out your pin from POS devices in our branches. In case you forget your permanent pin, you can learn it by calling 0 850 724 0 724, our Telephone Branch or you can have a new 4-digit pin via POS devices in our branches.
You can change your chipped Maximum Card’s temporary password from our Telephone Branch at 0 850 724 0 724, Bankamatiks or from POS devices in our branches
Your credit card’s password will be activated with the first operation conducted by your card with POS or Bankamatik.
Yes, you can change your activated password with logo Bankamatiks and password share service supporting banks’ Bankamatik devices with logo.
According to an agreement of all the banks in the country, from 30 June 2007 on, password is used for payments with credit card. For this reason, instantly change your temporary password of your credit card when you receive it and start using your new password in POS and Bankamatik devices.
- Sales responsible will insert your chipped Maximum Card into POS device’ chip reader when you want to pay.
- If your password is active, chip reader will require en your password into POS or PINPAD device.
- After checking your payment amount, enter your password and press enter button in order to confirm your payment.
- Since your password is private, it cannot be viewed on the screen. Instead, you will see stars standing for each of the digits of your password.
- If you make a mistake while entering your password, please press clear button and re enter your password again.
- The screen will inform you about completion of the payment. After the payment confirmation, POS machine will print a payment document. You do not have to sign this document since you paid the amount by entering your pin.
Do not show or tell your password (PIN) anyone including sales responsible.
Change your password in cases you have a doubt!
POS or PINPAD device screen will inform you whether you enter your password correctly or not. You password will be cancelled in case you enter your password incorrectly 3 times in a row. In case your password is cancelled, you can change your activated password with logo Bankamatiks and password share service supporting banks’
Bankamatik devices with logo. Additionally, your blocked password will be automatically activated from your first POS or Bankamatik device use.
- You can change your password by visiting the nearest Bankamatik.
- While defining your password, do not use predictable numbers such as your telephone number’s part, your birthdates or easily predictable number combinations. Do not use passwords like 9999, 9876 or 1234.
- Do not share your password (PIN) and other security information to anyone including sales responsible.
- Do not allow anyone else to use your Maximum Card.
- Do not keep your password in written notes; do not write it on a card or save it anywhere.
- Our bank’s sales responsible will not demand your security information or password or sending these information via e mail. Do not answer these kinds of demands.
For further information »